Custom Library | Big Canoe, Georgia
The library has a light and open but classical look. It has turned out to be a real eye turner for my house guests. The attention to detail, tight fit, and flawless finish are frequently mentioned. ~ Library | Big Canoe, Georgia
Visit a model home, even a, “Dream Home” and you will typically find a library. Sadly most of these libraries are made up of raised paneling, maybe a fireplace or a window seat. What you will not find is adequate shelving. Most built-in libraries are designed more as a quiet reading room or another office. This customer loves books and asked us to solve a very specific problem, “Take this Dining room and give my 4,000 books a home.” As you can see from the pictures we were able to comply.
- Double thickness shelving; capable of holding 60-80lbs. for a lifetime without sagging.
- Full LED lighting; the canopy is on a separate switch than the hutch allowing for good mood lighting.
- The hutch has a solid Black Walnut top and solid curly Maple doors & Drawers.
- The entry and window is dressed in ribbon Maple that dances in the light.
- A matching ladder and kidney desk.
- The cases are joined with Plinth blocking and round fluted columns capped with solid rosettes.
- The homeowner loves the natural look of the woods he chose and requested a high-gloss lacquer.
Click on any of the pictures below to see a full-screen version and use the arrows on your keyboard to scan through the pictures. Click the picture or the Esc button to close.