Many times we can refinish your current cabinetry to update the color, style, and hardware. The process usually takes one to two weeks from start to finish. Two things that differentiate us from other painters, is that we apply an architectural finish using waterborne lacquer and we finish the doors and drawer fronts off-site. An architectural finish includes two coats of primer and two coats of topcoat. Each project comes with a 3 year warranty against chipping and peeling. The waterborne lacquer is completely biodegradable and safe for everybody including pets and small children with no harmful odor.
- Tape off the floors and drape plastic to separate the room from the rest of the house
- Take off the doors and draw fronts.
- Tape off the interior of the cabinets
- Perform any carpentry needed such as new crown, remove any rope molding, add any light rail, and any necessary repairs
- Prep the surface by sanding, caulking, and filling in any imperfections
- Apply two top coats of waterborne lacquer
- Remove the tape so room can be used while we are off-site finishing the doors and drawer fronts
- Install soft-close hinges where possible
- Install doors and drawer fronts
- Install existing or new decorative hardware
- Clean up and leave